Miro is looking for a practical, motivated and energetic Commercial Contracts attorney to join our legal team. This self-motivated individual should be comfortable working in a rapid-growth, fast paced environment and will manage day-to-day commercial sales contracts and other legal responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be able to independently draft, redline and negotiate complex contracts. Joining our small but mighty legal team means being a key driver in leading operational excellence for a fast-growing, market-defining startup.
- Independently negotiate outbound commercial agreements, including partnership and affiliate agreements
- Assist with legal review and processing of procurement and vendor contracts
- Become an expert in Miro’s unique product platform, security, operations and offerings to offer practical and strategic counseling related to sales contracts
- Develop strong relationships and deliver quality communications to US sales team to operate as a business partner to close deals
- Possess a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into redlines and articulate in negotiations related to DPAs and commercial contracts discussions
- Handle a variety of other legal demands and projects that arise in a rapidly growing startup
- 2-4 years of experience in commercial sales transactional work, with at least 1 year of in-house legal experience (growing SaaS/tech business highly preferred)
- JD and active bar license in California or Texas (or ability to apply for in-house counsel equivalent in such states)
- Familiarity and experience navigating privacy laws (including GDPR and CCPA) and security issues in a commercial negotiation context.
- Excellent business judgment; intellectual curiosity and the ability to balance legal and business requirements.
- Exceptional at drafting, redlining and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach; comfortable thinking quickly on your feet.
- Ability to operate autonomously, handle a heavy workload and work collaboratively as a team player with sales and other internal business partners.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, manage and prioritize deals with deadlines.
- Sense of urgency and empathy to work with Sales reps to deliver effective communication and positive experience win a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, + Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Check out our career page for all our open roles or hop onto this Miro board to learn more about us!