Commercial Counsel at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for an exceptional commercial lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and isn't afraid of lofty goals and challenges. To succeed in this position, you must be able to work independently and efficiently. You will handle contract negotiations and advise on a range of commercial issues important to MongoDB’s business. We also make sure to have fun while we resolve issues. MongoDB is growing rapidly, and every person we hire has the opportunity to help shape the business and grow with the company. This is a full-time position based in Toronto or Austin, but we will consider other locations in North America for the right candidate.Responsibilities
- Draft and negotiate cloud and licensing agreements, professional services agreements, partner agreements, reseller agreements, OEM agreements, and other technology contracts
- Provide strategic legal and business advice to a rapidly-growing and high-performing sales organization and other teams within the sales ecosystem
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline negotiations and scale legal resources
- Develop training resources to enable our sales team to navigate the contracting process effectively
- Tackle other interesting legal projects and assist team members on others as needed
- 5+ years of commercial transaction experience, preferably including technology licensing and cloud agreements
- Proven record of success at a top law firm and in-house
- Knowledge of intellectual property, data privacy and security, software licensing, cloud computing, and contract issues
- Smart, passionate and driven with strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk while exercising strong business judgment, and provide clear legal advice
- Curious and enthusiastic about technology
- Enjoy working hard and overcoming challenges
- Great leadership and teamwork skills, and willingness to take on new responsibility
- Experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment and handling and prioritizing multiple projects
- Licensed in an appropriate jurisdiction
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills preferred
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.