AlertMedia is seeking a business-minded attorney with a solid understanding of technology contracts and experience in managing and negotiating a high volume of commercial transactions. You will help AlertMedia continue its growth and success, with a focus on contracting for customers, vendors, and strategic partnerships. You will be the lead attorney working on a variety of innovative legal issues across the entire company. You will be required to leverage your expertise, good judgement, and strong business sense to help us grow, while assessing and mitigating legal risk.
Who you are:
You are relentlessly stakeholder focused to ensure timing expectations are met. You are risk aware in protecting the business legally, but not risk adverse to a fault. You can balance being very detail-oriented with being able to see the big picture. You are comfortable staying on top of fast-moving information and able to respond on a moment’s notice, and you bring a sense of urgency to everything you do. You see yourself as a team player and consultant working closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive negotiations to completeness.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements including for customers, partnerships, and vendors
- Respond promptly to legal requests from the sales team and other members of the business
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations, including data privacy laws such as CCPA and GDPR
- Improve and maintain contract management processes and written guidance for the Sales and Deal Desk teams
- Provide general legal guidance to the business
- You have a strong technical background and significant hands-on experience in SaaS contracting at a rapidly growing technology company
- You are excited to roll up your sleeves, learn the business and proactively identify and analyze opportunities and risks
- You have excellent communication skills and can make complex communications simple
- You are comfortable participating in cross-functional and nationally distributed teams. You are a pragmatic, business minded lawyer
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple tasks and with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of the business
- You are risk aware, not risk averse
- You are a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills and a collegial attitude
- You are comfortable getting on the phone with customers
- You are able to prioritize and effectively set and balance expectations
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- JD, with admission to at least one bar (Texas strongly preferred)
- 3+ years of in-house experience at a SaaS company
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.