Amherst Holdings is a financial services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX that offers a wide array of brokerage, investment banking and advisory services covering real estate, mortgage and structured finance markets. We anticipate that the position’s duties and responsibilities will expand over time as the business grows larger and becomes involved in different and more complex investment strategies.
Amherst Holdings is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm that has made a significant investment into the single-family rental sector. The Amherst Residential Division has raised more than $6b of equity in various ownership vehicles that currently own and operate ~22,000 homes in 28 different markets across the United States.
Compliance Associate– The Amherst Residential business is seeking a Compliance Associate who will support the Chief Compliance Officer Compliance Manager and Compliance Manager on compliance and regulatory programs for Amherst Residential and its subsidiaries and work cross-functionally to develop and manage key initiatives throughout the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Amherst Residential compliance program, including identification of key risks, assisting with developing/updating policies, as required; implementing training and communications programs, as needed; monitoring effectiveness of the compliance program; and extending program to subsidiaries and other related entities
- Support management of compliance concerns and assist with internal investigations as appropriate
- Foster strong partnerships with other support functions whose teams execute required compliance program components
- Responsible for production of assigned regulatory deliverables, reports, and ad hoc requests from internal and external parties
- Support response to due diligence questionnaires and investigations related to various third party business relationships
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager and other in-house counsel with ad hoc research and projects as necessary
- College education required; MBA, JD degree or professional certification preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant auditing or compliance experience in real estate, alternative asset management, or mortgage lending/brokerage preferred
- Understanding of Enterprise Compliance Risk Management and best practices
- Excellent investigative, problem solving, analytical ability, oral and written communication skills
- The ability to manage stressful situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and executives
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and impact business decisions
- Ability to evaluate federal and state laws and regulations and evaluate financial, transactional or other data to determine trends
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!