Compliance Counsel at Vista Consulting Group
Vista Equity Partners is seeking to hire a Compliance Counsel who will work with members of the Compliance Department to assist in all activities related to registered investment adviser compliance. Under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer and Deputy Chief Compliance Officer & Counsel ("Deputy CCO"), this individual will proactively assist in identifying and containing compliance risk, foster a business-oriented compliance function, and help the organization embrace compliance.
This role can be based in Oakland, CA or Austin, TX and is for an immediate start.
- Assist with conducting the Firm's annual compliance review, including working with the Firm's outside compliance consultants to review the Firm's compliance policies and procedures regarding key risk areas. The annual review process includes performing periodic transactional and forensic testing to ensure compliance with the Firm's policies and procedures
- Review marketing materials and investor communications to ensure compliance with Vista policy and governing laws and regulations; develop training materials and provide guidance to the Investor Relations and Marketing teams on fundraising and marketing activities.
- Assist in review of subscription documents and performance of anti-money laundering (AML) procedures. Work with third-party service providers on ongoing monitoring of the Funds' investors to ensure the Firm and its funds are following relevant AML regulations.
- Research regulatory and compliance issues such as privacy, non-US marketing restrictions, SEC Pay-to-Play Rule compliance, and other issues.
- Perform compliance monitoring activities such as trade monitoring and email and social media surveillance.
- Prepare and deliver compliance training.
- Provide support with respect to SEC examinations and regulatory inquiries.
- Bachelor's Degree and J.D. Bar member in good standing.
- At least 2+ years of broad-based regulatory/compliance legal experience, within an international law firm and/or as in-house counsel supporting a U.S. registered investment adviser.
- Experience in private equity, credit, and/or hedge fund environments is highly desirable, either in a law firm or industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing requirements.
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client service orientation.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills. Ability to own projects from start to finish with minimal guidance with great attention to detail.
- Experience working with Excel, PowerPoint, and developing and maintaining various analyses and reporting tools. Experience with compliance monitoring software and systems highly desired.
ABOUT VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista's investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.