Compliance Manager – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
Amherst is a real estate private equity firm with credit and equity strategies. The Commercial Real Estate strategy is a pioneer in transitional lending in the commercial space across the country. Our Single Family Residential Equity strategy has quickly scaled over the last 5 years to 20,000+ homes in 30 markets across 21 states while building a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform. Holistically, we manage AUM of $5.8bn, and work with some of the world’s largest and most prominent investors.
Compliance Manager– The Amherst Residential business is seeking a Compliance Manager who will support the Chief Compliance Officer Compliance Manager and Compliance Manager on compliance and regulatory programs for Amherst Residential and its subsidiaries and work cross-functionally to develop and manage key initiatives throughout the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Amherst Residential and its subsidiaries with management of various compliance program components, including identification and mitigation of key risks, managing/updating policies, as required; developing and implementing trainings and communications, as needed; monitoring the effectiveness of the compliance program; and extending program components to subsidiaries and other related entities.
- Support management of compliance concerns and assist with internal investigations as appropriate
- Foster strong partnerships with other support functions whose teams execute required compliance program components
- Responsible for production of assigned regulatory deliverables, reports, and ad hoc requests from internal and external parties
- Support response to due diligence questionnaires and investigations related to various third party business relationships
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager and other in-house counsel with ad hoc research and projects as necessary
- College education required; MBA, JD degree or professional certification preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant auditing or compliance experience in real estate, alternative asset management, or mortgage lending/brokerage preferred
- Consumer Protection and/or Consumer Finance knowledge and experience preferred
- Understanding of Enterprise Compliance Risk Management and best practices
- Excellent investigative, problem solving, analytical ability, oral and written communication skills
- The ability to manage stressful situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and executives
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and impact business decisions
- Ability to evaluate federal and state laws and regulations and evaluate financial, transactional or other data to determine trends
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.