Contract Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Because of the scope, complexity, and diversity of the company’s work, we need a world-class legal team to help the company avoid distractions, and guide company leadership around obstacles. Our legal team is made up of very accomplished lawyers and staff who comprise a flexible, talented, and very cohesive team.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll work closely with Cloudflare’s commercial transactions team. You will also collaborate and work cross-functionally with other internal groups, across the sales, marketing, infrastructure, finance, and partnerships teams. The position is based in Austin and frequent communication with our other offices will be required.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review, draft, redline, and negotiate a variety of sales-related agreements, NDAs, order forms, amendments, and statements of work, serving as the only legal review with respect to certain agreements
- Serve as first point of contact to internal business units to answer contract-related inquiries and escalate as appropriate to senior legal colleagues
- Manage and assign incoming contracts for review to legal colleagues
- Manage contract lifecycles from providing forms through contract execution and maintenance
- Maintain our document management system
- Maintain a library of form documents, contract clauses, templates, and historical documents, and add or revise material as needed
- Assist legal operations manager with implementing and executing improvements to make commercial contracting processes, tools, and systems more efficient
- The ability to meet the needs of a high-growth, fast-paced Internet company.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience using Salesforce, Apttus, DocuSign, Ironclad, and JIRA
- At least 1-2 years of progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in contract managements and/or administration
- Strong attention to detail.
- Great organizational skills.
- Resourceful self-starter with excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, negotiation, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage high-volume workloads, multiple stakeholder demands and ever-shifting priorities all while instilling confidence
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.