Lithium offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry.
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Contracts Administrator at Lithium Technologies
ABOUT THE POSITION
The ideal candidate will influence the growth of the contracts team and become a key contributor to the Lithium Legal organization. To be successful in this role, you must have an innate desire to drive, own and grow the company’s contracts infrastructure, & thrive in a fast paced highly collaborative environment. Reporting directly to the Director of Licensing, the Contracts Administrator will help lay the foundation for a scalable global contracts process. As a key member of the Lithium Legal Team, you will join a collaborative group of professionals with an interesting and diverse technology law practice focusing on transactions involving SaaS offerings, Cloud computing, proprietary and open source software licensing, software hosting, professional consulting services, data privacy/security, partnership arrangements, as well as general corporate matters. Accordingly, this position requires a high-performing individual with strong contract administration skills and contract life-cycle management experience, a foundation in contract drafting and negotiations with a desire to learn and grow in this area would be a plus. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage a broad range of matters, evaluate alternatives quickly, and provide top quality assistance and support to internal clients inside and outside the Legal department.
- Coordinate all aspects of contract management, including approvals and routing of agreements for signature, distribution and development and maintenance of contracts database
- Responsible for independently reviewing, analyzing, editing and negotiating NDAs
- Design, implement, and improve upon legal department processes and policies
- Provide general support to other members of the Legal team
- Handle multiple matters simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Attend Legal team meetings and maintain notes and distribute call summary/updates
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Legal or Contracts department of a growth oriented Technology Company.
- Bachelor’s degree
- General exposure to contract review, interpretation and drafting, but willingness to learn and increase skills in this area.
- Software Industry experience preferred, ideally in SaaS, Cloud, and fundamental understanding of social media
- Identify and help implement ways to continually improve the company’s contracting process and to maximize internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Think critically and quickly in the absence of full information and anticipate, proactively identify, and resolve issues before they become problems.
- Flexibility/adaptability and a willingness to work on a broad range of matters and take on projects outside of your core areas or responsibility.
- Effectively multitask, re-prioritize, and work independently to meet deadlines and drive agreements to conclusion, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Adept at leveraging technology to improve performance and willingness to learn new ideas.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills (and a strong sense of humor) and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment.
- Excellent written, oral and negotiation communication skills and superb judgment.
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Self-starter able to take on work independently, but also can also triage as appropriate.