Pluralsight's legal department is looking for a high-performing Contracts Manager to join our team. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and integrity. The Contracts Manager is responsible for drafting and negotiating various commercial and data privacy agreements with Pluralsight's customers and vendors. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills, proven written and verbal negotiation skills, and a positive attitude.
Who you're committed to being:
- Have a positive demeanor and excel in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment.
- Demonstrate passion for solving problems and adding value to the company.
- Courteous, flexible, highly organized, reliable, proactive and use independent judgment.
- Committed to your personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action.
- Open and transparent in communications with your legal colleagues, management, customers and others.
- Can handle highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
What you'll own:
- Analyze, interpret, and negotiate sophisticated provisions in a variety of sales, professional services, and data privacy agreements to identify alignment with Pluralsight's policies.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams during contract review, providing guidance to internal and external customers on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms, policies, questions, etc.
- Review and revise standard and non-standard agreements to adhere to Pluralsight's standard policies and procedures.
- Assist with legal review and response to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs) as required for the commercial opportunity.
- Manage workflow for contract review process, beginning with receipt of requests for contract creation through routing for signatures.
- Execute assigned projects as determined by the needs of the legal department.
Experience you'll need:
- 3-4 years of experience managing contracts (including drafting and negotiation) in a corporate environment
- Bachelor's Degree with strong academic record
- Ability to manage and deliver on a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues
- Must be a creative problem solver and capable project manager
- Experience in oral negotiations with minimal supervision, project management, risk awareness, and clear understanding of when to seek approval
- Strong eye for business with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions, providing advice to operations teams in carrying out the terms of the contract, as needed
- Experience with data privacy rules and contracts strongly preferred
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience with a contract management system, e.g., Icertis
- Experience with electronic signature software, e.g., Docusign
- Prior experience working in a SaaS company or other highly regulated industry preferred