Who We Are
Named the top industry innovator in the Frost Radar™: Digital Intelligence Solutions, 2021, Ontic is the first protective intelligence software company to transform how Fortune 500 and emerging enterprises address physical threat management to protect employees, customers and assets. Ontic's SaaS-based platform collects and connects threat indicators to provide a comprehensive view of potential threats while surfacing critical knowledge so companies can assess and action more to maintain business continuity and reduce financial impact. Ontic provides strategic consulting, multidimensional services, education and thought leadership for safety and security professionals through its Center for Protective Intelligence and Center of Excellence, the latter of which also offers program development and training services in behavioral threat assessment, threat management, and violence prevention for major corporations, educational institutions and government agencies.
As Ontic employees, we put our mission first and value the trust bestowed upon us by our clients to help keep their people safe. We approach both our clients and each other with empathy while focusing on the execution of our strategy. And we have fun doing it.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Contracts Manager who possesses excellent business judgment and critical thinking. You are the ideal candidate if you have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibility in a collaborative, dynamic environment. You know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner. You possess strong persuasion, negotiation, and collaboration skills and your communication and presentation skills are excellent. You must be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment. This role reports to our Chief Legal Officer and is based in our Austin, Texas headquarters.
- Draft, revise, and negotiate a broad range of Client agreements, including SAAS contracts, software licensing, security agreements, support services, consulting services, and nondisclosure agreements
- Draft, revise, and negotiate various vendor and partner agreements
- Ensures all documents conform to Company policies, applicable laws, and government regulations and are current, accurate and complete
- Establish solid working relationships with Sales, Finance, Product and Customer Success Teams and have the personality to be a trusted team member
- Assist with other legal projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Substantive experience in addressing contractual issues in data security and privacy matters strongly preferred
- 3- 5 years contract negotiation experience in a SAAS environment
- Strong collaborative skills and enjoys working with other teams while protecting the Company from unnecessary risk exposure
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up Demonstrated project management capabilities and strong sense of accountability and urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to to easily connect and communicate with different types of people
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously - high functioning under pressure
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Paralegal certification is preferred but not required
Ontic Benefits & Perks
Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
Flexible PTO Policy
Monthly ME (Mental Escape) day for all employees
Generous Parental Leave policy
Home Office Stipend
Mobile Phone Reimbursement
Home Internet Reimbursement for Remote Employees
Anniversary & Milestone Celebrations
Ontic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable law.