Contracts Manager at Atlassian
We're looking for a Contracts Manager to join our dynamic and collaborative commercial contracts team. Our ideal candidate will be motivated to jump into a rapidly growing legal team leading strategic transactions that drive Atlassian's operations. This position will be a remarkable learning opportunity to expand one's contracting skills and cultivate legal prowess.
In this role, you'll be able to:
- Serve as the "frontline" on behalf of Legal for the Procurement contracts team, handling legal requirements for suppliers, and managing escalations to the team
- Guide business teams on the contracts process
- Update contract templates and clauses, as needed
- Draft supplier contracts using approved templates, including SaaS, software, marketing, and consulting agreements
- Analyze and summarize business use cases for the business' supplier needs, in order to assist various stakeholders in the process, choose appropriate contract forms, and manage legal requirements
- Manage certain privacy requirements for supplier contracts, including selecting and drafting appropriate data processing forms and completing impact assessments
- Manage or contribute to ad hoc projects to improve the legal process for business owners, the Procurement team and the Legal team
- BA or BS degree
- 2+ years of experience managing supplier contracts in the tech industry
- Basic knowledge of contracts clauses and ability to spot issues
- Familiarity with privacy requirements
- CURIOSITY to learn new things, and CONFIDENCE to ask questions
- Excellent JUDGMENT
- DETAIL-ORIENTED and SELF-MOTIVATED
- Love of PROCESS and inspired to continually improve processes
- Strong COMMUNICATION skills (written and oral) with a customer focus
- Able to PRIORITIZE and MANAGE multiple projects in a dynamic environment, or project management experience
- Enjoys playing "as a TEAM"
Required for the role:
Our Ideal Candidate would also possess the following (not required, but a PLUS!):
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.