Contracts Manager/Paralegal at Arrive Logistics
In this role, you will:
- Handle the intake of shipper customer and motor carrier partner contracts and revise and negotiate those contracts under the direction of the SVP Legal Affairs and parameters established by the SVP Legal Affairs.
- Create and maintain an effective and efficient company-wide contract database.
- Act as a corporate paralegal, including reviewing and drafting forms and governance documents necessary for the organization’s registrations, authority and operations.
- Recognize and analyze potential risks that contract terms and any changes to those terms may pose to the company.
- Conduct searches on corporate matters, participate in due diligence review and provide legal assistance.
- Provide excellent customer service to colleagues at all levels by responding to inquiries and requests for assistance in a timely and professional manner.
- Help define procedures and practices within the company to promote efficient workflows and handling of legal requests.
- Work independently on special projects, as assigned, including, but not limited to, litigation, legal and regulatory matters.
- Receive and respond to a variety of internal and external inquiries.
- Communicate with the SVP Legal Affairs, outside counsel and business contacts on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- 3+ years of experience with a combination of basic contract negotiation and drafting, contract management and corporate governance as either an in-house corporate paralegal, at a law firm or in a contract management/negotiation position with a company.
- 2+ years of transportation experience, knowledge of transportation contracts or experience in the freight industry in general (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree, Paralegal Certification, or equivalent experience.
- Basic contracts knowledge and a general understanding of company operations, organization, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and written/verbal communication skills, strong research and writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information, make decisions and deliver results under deadlines.
- Strong research skills.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!