We are looking to add a top-notch, experienced Contract Negotiator to support our enterprise SaaS sales team. The role offers an excellent opportunity to make a tremendous, direct impact on the success of ThousandEyes’ aggressive growth objectives as a disruptor in a high multi-billion dollar addressable market and as a pre-IPO Company.
You are an exceptional contract negotiator—ideally someone who loves working with enterprise sales teams and customers. You pragmatically analyze legal risk, pay attention to the details, and creatively overcome obstacles. When it comes to drafting and communication, you are able to take complex issues and simplify them down to plain English. You have passion for technology, and being conscientious, organized, and responsive are three of your key attributes. You naturally assume a transaction leadership role during a critically important stage of the enterprise sales cycle and your energy and natural sense of urgency drive progress and accelerate deal closure. You like to have fun and bring a sense of humor to a work place full of positive energy and great people. This role reports to ThousandEyes’ Head of Legal, and is located in San Francisco, California.
- Analyze, draft, and negotiate all types of SaaS related commercial agreements
- Support the needs of our global sales and alliances teams to manage the contracting process and drive deals to closure
- Advise stakeholders regarding relevant issues and risks, and ensure our agreements reflect our business needs and those of our customers
- Partner closely with other cross-functional teams to provide contracting expertise and sound advice while also ensuring consistency in our approach to risk and compliance
- Contribute to the formulation of playbook positions, the continuous improvement of department processes and templates, and gain exposure to a range of commercial and corporate legal matters through other legal team assignments
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree with excellent academic credentials
- 3-5 years of law firm practice and/or in-house roles in a transactional practice, primarily representing technology companies
- Broad familiarity with commercial contract structures and terms
- Experience working with International Sales team a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and business judgment
- Excellent organizational, follow through, and communication skills
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, prioritize time-sensitive tasks
The additional skills we are looking for are:
- Experience with SaaS or licensing and one or more privacy law frameworks
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is growing quickly, and is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.