Corporate Counsel (Transactional)
What you’ll be called: Corporate Counsel (Transactional)
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named one of the “Best Places To Work” in Austin, TX and winners of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. You are an effective communicator, with experience recognizing and assessing risks and providing creative solutions. Our ideal Corporate Counsel is a fast-paced, effective communicator with a passion for contracts. You have confidence in negotiating to obtain favorable terms and possesses a high degree of personal accountability as well as the ability to work independently.
What you’ll do:
As our Corporate Counsel you will support KWRI’s growing legal needs domestically and internationally. Your main focus will be the review and negotiation of agreements, primarily technology transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, review, draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements.
- Manage a large workload and juggle responsibilities to address dynamic priorities.
- Convey complicated information to business partners in a concise and professional manner.
- Provide support regarding contract interpretation and guidance.
- Provide strategic and practical advice to internal clients.
- Identify and advise on laws and regulations pertaining to transactions.
- Hold business partners accountable and ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Provide support as necessary to other functions of the legal department.
- Juris Doctorate degree and admission to at least one state bar.
- At least 5 years of legal experience as a transactional attorney.
- Experience drafting and negotiating fast-paced and complex technology and commercial transactions (SaaS agreements, software license agreements, development agreements, NDAs, etc.)
- Experience working in-house.
- Experience in data privacy and security.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.