We have an exciting opportunity for a talented powerhouse corporate attorney to join LegalZoom’s fast-paced corporate legal department. You will support business teams in completing a wide variety of complex commercial transactions, mergers, acquisitions, securities, and governance matters as well as managing the occasional financing, real estate, or international matter. If you have extensive law firm and in-house experience drafting and negotiating contracts, particularly in the areas of technology procurement and business development, as well as the ability to manage acquisitions and provide best practices in corporate governance, we want to hear from you!
How you’ll spend your day:
- Negotiating, drafting, and revising a wide variety of commercial contracts involving digital marketing, SaaS, service providers, licensing and intellectual property, hardware and software procurement.
- Providing ongoing legal counsel to all levels of internal business owners on strategic product initiatives.
- Serving as legal point on complex partnership, acquisition, and other securities transactions
- Participating in the administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Supporting HR, finance and legal departments in crafting and building systems and policies.
- Mentoring and supervising the work product of junior attorneys.
- Contributing to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
Who you are:
- Education & Licensing. JD from an accredited law school; licensed and in good standing to practice law in either Texas or California.
- Work Experience. Minimum of 7 years of legal experience, ideally with a mix of leading law firm and in-house experience advising companies in technology and online services.
- Negotiator. Highly skilled with negotiating and drafting a wide variety of contracts with minimal supervision, utilizing fair, deliberate, and results-oriented negotiation techniques.
- Team player attitude. You are excited to build strong cross-functional relationships across the organization.
- Workhorse. Background in managing high volume and occasionally complex commercial contracts.
- Reliable Judgment. Strong business judgment and the ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring. You have a natural ability to apply a high level of discretion, common sense and good judgment to ambiguous situations.
- M&A Veteran. Experience as legal lead in merger & acquisition transactions, including due diligence, document drafting and review, and related government filings.
- Governance Master. You are familiar with board and shareholder governance best practices, including board material preparation and organization.
- Demonstrate Ownership. Natural inclination to “own” the projects one’s working on, complete projects timely, and assume work even if not within the scope of the assigned project.
- Detail Oriented. Exceptional attention to detail; drive to perfect; and proactively improve the status quo.
- Self-driven. No hand-holding in this role. You will meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicator. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate complex legal concepts confidently and effectively with all levels of the LegalZoom team.
You get bonus points if you laugh easily, can maintain a smile after hours of back-to-back Zoom calls, and can somehow make the practice of law fun.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.