Corporate Counsel at ThousandEyes (part of Cisco) (Remote)
**Come check out why Cisco was named #1 World’s Best Workplace for the last two years**
ThousandEyes, a part of Cisco, is one of the fastest-growing technology businesses in North America, and empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. Our platform is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including many of the Global 2000, Fortune 500, and top banks and SaaS companies. This position can be based out of anywhere where Cisco has offices in the United States.
An exciting opportunity to join the Cisco legal team directly supporting the ThousandEyes business. We are looking for a fun team player, hungry to dive into a wide variety of hands-on work to help drive the business forward.
Key Objectives & Description of Work:
- Develop detailed knowledge of Cisco’s as-a-service offerings and the ThousandEyes products, business processes, and go-to-market strategy;
- Develop close working relationships with the sales, engineering, operations, finance and legal teams bringing our products to market;
- Become adept at quickly making sound legal judgments to facilitate nimble business execution;
- Draft, review, revise, and negotiate complex commercial agreements (both as a customer and a service provider) in accordance with company risk tolerance;
- Manage legal requests from multiple internal clients and with the ability to prioritize key transactions;
- Respond promptly to requests from internal clients;
- Summarize and communicate legal issues in plain-English;
- Assist in the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and the Legal Playbook; and
- Be a team player, willing to pitch in and assist wherever needed.
- Bar admission in any jurisdiction with good standing, with a minimum of three to five years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house (the ideal candidate will have both law firm and in-house experience).
- Experience negotiating complex software license agreements, vendor/supplier contracts and reseller agreements.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Exceptional contract negotiation and drafting skills, with the ability to discuss complex issues in a clear and simple manner both in writing and verbally;
- Focused attention to detail and ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and desire to make legal processes more efficient;
- Excellent business judgment, with a tolerance for accepting legal risk to enable business outcomes;
- Client-centric approach, demonstrating grace and a positive attitude under all circumstances;
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and wants to contribute to a team culture focused on fun;
- Experience and familiarity with data privacy such as GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy laws. CIPP/E certification is a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work. Our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – from launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns, and protects, to building services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone – we do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. – Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.