Counsel, Corporate (Remote) at CrowdStrike
About the Role
The Corporate Counsel will join a growing legal team, responsible for managing all corporate legal matters. As the Corporate Counsel, you will assist in providing legal support to the finance, treasury, investor relations, and stock administration functions. You will be responsible for drafting and reviewing SEC filings, assisting with the preparation of board materials and records, and supporting the stock administration department and employees on all equity matters. You will also assist with all aspects of corporate transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, and equity/debt financings.
The role is remote-based and will report to the VP of Legal, Corporate.
This position is open to candidates remotely in the USA, with a preference to candidates in California and Austin, Texas.
- Draft and review filings related to and advise on corporate governance and reporting, including conducting business in compliance with applicable securities laws, SEC regulations, Nasdaq exchange rules, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Assist in supporting the Company’s M&A activity, including draft, review and negotiate preliminary and definitive documents; conduct due diligence; and contribute to legally relevant integration activities.
- Support the stock administration department on equity matters including advising employees on the Company’s insider trading policy, drafting and reviewing documents related to equity transfers, gifts and administration, and reviewing Section 16 filings.
- Assist on a broad range of corporate matters including general corporate, governance, securities, equity, executive compensation, legal entity, M&A, the Falcon Fund investments, and the CrowdStrike Foundation.
- Assist with the corporate governance and other non-profit activities related to the CrowdStrike Foundation.
- Assist other attorneys and paralegals on domestic and international subsidiary compliance, as needed..
- Advise business teams, draft, review and negotiate preliminary and definitive equity and debt financing related documents.
- Manage outside counsel on variety of corporate matters, as needed.
- Stay up-to-date and keep Legal team advised on external governance trends, financing and SEC issues, general legal issues and best practices.
What You’ll Need
- JD and bar admitted with 3-5 years’ relevant corporate and securities work experience at law firm and/or in-house at a public company.
- Knowledge of private and public company, equity and compensation related laws, regulations and rules.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements and reports.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player who welcomes responsibility and thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful self-starter who enjoys wearing multiple hats and digging into challenging projects, big and small.
- Positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel and work varying hours to accommodate global workforce, as needed.