At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Position
We’re looking for a new team member who can help foster our unique corporate philosophy and approach, in which the security and privacy of our customers are paramount. This role is ideal for someone who is a proactive self-starter and strategic thinker, who has a thirst for knowledge and continued growth, all while working as part of a great team.
A typical day at Cloudflare involves working closely with teams across the organization with a broad scope of issues. The ideal candidate is a strong negotiator who is equally versed in day-to-day legal matters and strategic business thinking. We want someone who can support a variety of corporate law matters, with a particular focus on M&A, investments, and other strategic transactions.
Your work will involve assisting the other members of the corporate legal team in a variety of areas, with a primary focus on the following:
- Buy-side merger and acquisition transactions (from structuring and negotiating LOIs to drafting and negotiating definitive transaction documents to supporting team transitions and product and team integration)
- Minority investment transactions and related commercial arrangements (from structuring and negotiating LOIs to drafting and negotiating definitive transaction documents)
- Debt and equity financing transactions, including structuring and negotiating definitive transaction documents
- Global corporate structuring, including tax matters and intercompany agreements
- International registration and management of Cloudflare’s subsidiaries and investments
- Equity securities and SEC disclosure matters in connection with the foregoing
- Liaise with internal teams, particularly our Special Projects (corporate development), Finance, and People teams, as well as with outside counsel for strategic transactions
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-7 years of experience with M&A/investments and other general corporate and securities matters, with at least 2-3 years in a major law firm
- Admitted to practice law in U.S. state where practicing
- Top credentials and references
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Strong drive to learn and grow in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- The ability to work in a team, with lawyers and non-lawyers, and demonstrate efficiency
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.