Director of Compliance - Mortgage
- Support the Amherst Residential’s mortgage brokerage compliance program, including identification of key risks, assisting with developing/updating policies, as required; implementing training and communications programs, as needed; monitoring effectiveness of the compliance program; and extending program to subsidiaries and other related entities
- Serve as a resource for regulatory matters and compliance related initiatives relating to mortgage lending.
- Analyze line of business impact of new and changing mortgage lending compliance regulations including, but not limited to: Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Housing Act, Truth in Lending Act, RESPA, Flood Disaster Protection Act, CRA, HMDA, Fair Lending, HOEPA, Predatory Lending, FACT Act, and UDAAP
- Support management of compliance concerns and assist with internal investigations as appropriate
- Foster strong partnerships with other support functions whose teams execute required compliance program components
- Responsible for production of assigned regulatory deliverables, reports, and ad hoc requests
- Support response to due diligence questionnaires and investigations related to various third party business relationships
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer and other in-house counsel with ad hoc research and projects as necessary
- MBA, JD degree or professional certification preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant auditing or compliance experience in real estate or alternative asset management preferred
- Understanding of Enterprise Compliance Risk Management and best practices
- Exposure to TILA, RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, FACTA, FDCPA, FCRA, GLB, and other federal and state laws applicable to mortgage lenders and servicers.
- Excellent investigative, problem solving, analytical ability, oral and written communication skills
- The ability to manage stressful situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and executives
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and impact business decisions
- Ability to evaluate federal laws and regulations and evaluate financial, transactional or other data to determine trends
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!