FloSports is seeking exceptional candidates for the role of Director of Global Rights Acquisition. This highly visible role covers several sports categories within the sports media landscape. Most importantly, the role will be responsible for ensuring the continued success of FloSports acquisition of broadcast media rights, strategic partnerships and relationships, and monetization via subscription. Additional functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: deal and contract negotiations with high level executives, budgeting, financial modeling, high-level strategy development, presentation to key internal stakeholders, and identifying and cultivating overall partnership opportunities to grow our value and scale.
The ideal candidate will have a business development, or complex sales background along with the necessary communication skills and business savvy to develop strong relationships with existing and prospective event partners, league executives, media consultants, key athletes and coaches as well as the internal Marketing, Editorial and Production teams. The candidate will report into the VP, Global Rights Acquisition.
- Ability to quickly understand FloSports sales process and negotiation strategy
- Pipeline development
- Ability to make data informed decisions
- Rapport building with key decision makers and influencers
- Play lead role in defining acquisitions, including summarizing data and creating proposed budgets
- Negotiating business terms and key contractual elements
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure media rights partnerships will be executable and mutually beneficial to all parties
- Continually advance multiple, significant opportunities in an organized, but expedient manner
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to successfully build relationships and secure meaningful partnerships
- Complete and cohesive understanding of the digital media world
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience developing businesses in both B2B and B2C environment
- Experience drafting and analyzing legal documents
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Team builder
- MBA preferred, but not required for right candidate
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment