Employment Lawyer at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking to hire our first employment lawyer to join the MongoDB Legal team. We are looking for an exceptional lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, environment and isn't afraid of lofty goals and challenges. To succeed in this position, you must be able to work independently and efficiently. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting and fast-paced environment. MongoDB is growing rapidly, and every person we hire has the opportunity to help shape the business and grow with the company. We also make sure to have fun while we resolve issues. This is a full-time position and can be based in the USA or Ireland.Responsibilities
- Provide counseling and support to our Employee Experience team, HR Business Partners and the business on employee contracts, terminations, performance management, investigations, accommodations, reorganizations, and other employment-related matters
- Along with other executives and lawyers, help shape the Company’s overall approach to people management
- Collaborate with other lawyers on the team with respect to advice and counseling provided to HR and other cross-functional partners
- Coordinate and manage employment related projects, including internal process reviews, new policy roll-outs and implementation, and training programs
- Draft and edit employment-related documents, correspondence, agreements, processes and policies
- Manage legal risks and provide solutions for resolving employment disputes
- Participate in the creation and delivery of trainings related to employment law matters, such as harassment training and other manager trainings on a variety of topics
- Manage and drive strategy on pre-litigation and litigation matters
- Build and manage relationships with external counsel in jurisdictions around the globe
- Licensed in an appropriate jurisdiction
- 5+ years of experience in labor and employment law
- Employment litigation experience and experience coordinating and driving large-scale projects to completion (including litigations)
- Smart, passionate and driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment and overcoming challenges
- Great leadership and teamwork skills and willingness to take on new responsibilities
- Experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment and handling and prioritizing multiple projects
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.