General Counsel at Miro
As a senior leader in our organization you will be part of our executive team and will interface with all roles across the business (from the executive level to independent contributors) and across all departments. To support Miro’s global growth you will help building and leading a highly talented globally distributed legal team.About the role
We are looking for an experienced legal executive to join our fast-growing team and lead our legal team’s strategy/execution as we continue to scale rapidly. As an impact driven business leader, you will build, manage, and lead an engaged and high-performing legal organization. As part of the senior leadership team, in addition to managing day to day operations of the legal department, you will provide effective and innovative legal advice to the leadership team on company strategies and their implementation and help prepare the company for its next stage of growth. You will have experience as a corporate secretary and experience working with the board of directors. Your role, broadly speaking, will be to solve problems and to think ahead with a focus on enabling the business to remain innovative, nimble, and to thrive. You have a deep understanding of how law impacts a high growth business and you are able to prioritize while articulating in understandable and actionable ways your advice. You are high confidence but low ego and have a growth mindset.What you’ll do
- Build, manage, and lead an engaged and high-performing legal team
- Set strategy and vision for the Legal team to support Miro’s rapid growth and strategic objectives
- Build trust and influence senior leadership and business roadmap
- Provide counsel on a wide range of legal matters, coordinate with internal and external legal experts, advise on a variety of commercial transactions, and guard against potential legal risks that the company may face.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across teams and roles to educate teams in understandable and actionable ways about risks about which they should be aware while enabling people in their work and understanding prioritization
- Support the exec team in potential corporate transactions and/or capital raising efforts
- Advise the board of directors as the corporate secretary and in corporate governance matters.
- JD degree from a top law school
- Minimum 15 years of combined law firm / In-house experience with at least 5 years of In-house experience in progressive leadership roles ideally in a software company
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to attract, manage, and grow a team of top-calibre legal talent and leveraging the use of external counsel
- Experience working with high-growth or venture-backed companies, including working with the board of directors
- Experience supporting the business with global expansion activities
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to tackle problems head on and be a creative problem solver
- Track record of excellent written and oral communication skills to both lawyers and non-lawyers, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships
- Ability to manage time across competing priorities, and to take ownership of solving issues when appropriate, even when the issue spans multiple departments.
- Strong, practical business acumen with the ability to recognize and own the business consequences of legal advice
- Ability to communicate legal conclusions clearly to those who do not have a legal background.
- Proactive personality and strong eagerness to learn about the business, the product, new areas of the law, and applicable regulations
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Check out our career page for all our open roles or hop onto this Miro board to learn more about us!