SpyCloud is the leader in account takeover (ATO) prevention, protecting billions of consumer and employee accounts either directly or through product integrations. Our award-winning solutions proactively defeat fraud attempts and disrupt the criminals' ability to profit from stolen information.
SpyCloud is seeking an In-House Corporate Counsel to oversee the company’s tactical legal initiatives. The role will focus heavily on contracts and corporate policies and also serve as corporate counsel. This position reports to the CFO.
· Develop corporate policies, procedures and programs, and provide counsel and guidance on legal matters.
- Serve as primary legal counsel on all contracts, leases, and licenses.
- Review all court filings against or on behalf of the company and work with company executives and outside counsel to define a strategic response.
- Ensure that company business is conducted in compliance with applicable state and federal laws
- Bethe primary point of contact with all outside counsel, on matters such as intellectual property, patents, litigation, and other matters.
- Partner closely with governance risk and compliance, sales and finance departments.
- Identify areas of risk and exposure and present solutions.
RequiredSkills and Abilities:
- J.D.and active member in good standing of the bar in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with in-house corporate counsel (preferably technology company).
- Experience managing contracts and contracts negotiation for service and solution company offerings.
- Experience with data protection and privacy legal issues, including GDPR, NY SHIELD Act,California Consumer Privacy Act, etc.
- Customer/Client focus, plus strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and collaboration skills.