Lead Commercial Counsel at Miro
On the Commercial Legal team at Miro, you get to be a critical part of the operational excellence at a market-defining startup. We work in a rapid-growth, fast paced environment and work closely with our Sales leaders / team-mates as strategic business partners. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.About the role
Miro is looking for a practical, motivated and energetic attorney to join our team. This self-motivated individual should be comfortable working in a rapid-growth, fast paced environment and will be responsible for negotiating complex commercial transactions; building, mentoring, and leading a team of attorneys and contract negotiators supporting sales contracts; and other legal responsibilities for the market. The ideal candidate will be able to independently draft, redline and negotiate complex SaaS agreements and other contracts and will appreciate being a critical part of the operational excellence in a fast-growing, market-defining startup.
- Independently negotiate complex outbound SaaS commercial agreements, including large, strategic deals integral to our business.
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of attorneys and contract negotiators supporting sales contracts.
- Become an expert in Miro’s unique product platform, security, operations and offerings to offer practical and strategic counseling related to sales contracts.
- Continuously improve legal processes, procedures, and templates for a growing sales support function
- Develop strong relationships and deliver quality training and other communications to the Sales team in order to operate as a business partner and to close deals efficiently.
- Possess a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into redlines and articulate in negotiations related to DPAs and commercial contracts discussions.
- Handle a variety of other demands and projects related to our operations that arise in a rapidly growing startup.
- Active good standing status membership to the CA, TX or NY Bar (other Bar memberships considered) or EU attorney license
- 7+ years of experience drafting, redlining and negotiating complex commercial software agreements, including 4+ years negotiating SaaS agreements.
- Ability to operate autonomously, work collaboratively as a team player with internal business partners and external counsel.
- Working familiarity with data protection, information security and other agreements as necessary.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, manage and prioritize deals with deadlines.
- Sense of urgency and empathy to work with colleagues to deliver effective communication and positive experience win a fast paced, changing environment.
- Experience integrating acquisitions is a plus.
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.