FloSports is looking for a solutions-focused attorney to join our legal department in a Lead Counsel, Media Rights Acquisition role. This role will report to our General Counsel and be part of a nimble and highly efficient legal team. The primary responsibility will be to support our media rights acquisition team in building partnerships with rights holders across a variety of underserved sports. The ideal candidate will be passionate about sports, digital media and have some expertise around online subscription business models. This position is based in Austin, Texas.
- Define and drive strategic and operational initiatives around rights acquisition with on-time and on-budget results
- Support our media rights acquisition team in all media rights acquisition endeavors, to include negotiation, drafting and reviewing contracts
- Identify and exploit opportunities to improve the value of our media rights through effective contracting and negotiation
- Support the company in other legal areas to include sports media advertising, consumer marketing compliance, privacy, anti-piracy, data security and human resources as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- College degree and J.D. from an accredited law school
- Active bar membership
- 5+ years' experience practicing law in the areas of sports, media, intellectual property licensing or intellectual property litigation
- Demonstrated "first chair" interaction with internal or external clients supporting business negotiations or litigation
- Passionate about sports and sports media
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and communications skills
- Litigation background, while not essential, could be a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment