The legal team at RigUp is responsible for providing our diverse management team with effective advice on company strategies, and their implementation from a legal perspective. We operate in the tech space and the oil and gas space, providing the successful candidate with a great opportunity to learn in grow in two industries.
This role will assist a corporation's legal department in many facets of corporate law--from paperwork to court proceedings. Much of your time will be spent carrying out routine tasks such as updating company files, preparing legal contracts, reviewing documents, and giving legal assistance. The corporate paralegal may handle executive summaries and directives. They also may be called on to assist with company compliance issues.
The individual filling this role will offer services in corporate litigation procedures and other specific business legal needs.
- Oversee the preparation, review and revision of contracts that involve the purchase of sale of goods and services.
- Prepare contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements..
- Maintain detailed and organized files.
- Ensure that contractor is in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications and government regulations.
- Prepare legal memos, briefs, and assist in filing court documents.
- Conduct legal research and present findings to legal team.
- Interface with senior management to address complex business needs.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Familiarity with Westlaw & Lexis Nexis
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Experience in oil and gas or tech sectors
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!