M&A Corporate Counsel at Atlassian
Are you an attorney who is excited to work on a diverse array of M&A transactions and contribute to Atlassian's continued growth? This is an incredible opportunity for you to serve as a trusted advisor and partner to Atlassian's corporate development team and see all of the company's deals from start to finish. If you're excited to work on all things M&A and be part of a dynamic and fun-loving legal team at a rapidly growing international company, read on!
More about the role:
Atlassian is expanding its dedicated M&A legal team. You will see a variety of M&A deals from start to finish and help to refine and scale Atlassian's M&A function. This is a tremendous opportunity to build on your skills and experience in a high-impact role and grow your career in a dynamic and values-oriented environment.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Working on all stages of M&A transactions (including mergers, acqui-hires, asset purchases and divestitures), from term sheet to integration;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Tax, Accounting, and other members of the Legal team in deal diligence and negotiating transaction documents;
- Improving processes, playbooks and form documents to refine and scale the M&A function at Atlassian;
- Managing outside counsel; and
- Assisting on strategic investments and other corporate matters as needed.
- JD and admission to one state bar
- Has 3-4 years of corporate M&A experience at a top law firm (in-house experience is a plus, but not required)
- Has experience with a wide variety of M&A transactions
- Quickly grasps business objectives and applies them to legal strategies in a way that is pragmatic, flexible, and creative
- Has excellent judgment and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Can execute under pressure and within tight timelines, with tremendous organization and attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Is excited to continually improve processes and drive operational excellence
- Is able to work autonomously, multi-task and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Is a team player with a healthy sense of humor and a how-can-I-help, get-it-done attitude
More about our Ideal Candidate:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.