Paralegal, Corporate & Transactions - Location: Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com
Amherst is seeking a candidate who has demonstrated drive, dedication, professionalism, and a positive attitude. The Paralegal will work closely with in-house counsel in connection with real estate-related corporate transactions, fund structures, and other complex matters requiring initiative, and skill. Attention to fine detail and a willingness to take on new projects is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project planning and managing the legal workflows for various financial transactions (including, loan origination, portfolio purchases, securitization, and structured finance matters, etc.) across the platform;
- Developing and maintaining a database of platform legal initiatives on a macro (business segment) and micro (point person) level;
- Coordinating among multiple internal and external parties to track all open items, deadlines, matter progression, closings, transaction approval procedures, etc.
- Facilitating the orderly exchange of information;
- Preparing deal summaries and other decks for executive communication;
- Presenting project plans and progress to personnel of various seniorities;
- Maintain records for corporate subsidiaries, director and officer information, corporate record-keeping, transaction execution, governance policies, and compliance processes;
- Liaise with other business lines within the company and external parties to ensure efficient workflow and handling of requests;
- Track and manage documents using a transaction checklist to ensure continuity, proper communication and documentation;
- Proactively identifying opportunities for process improvement and efficiency; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Senior Managing Director.
- General supervision.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Problem solver that is comfortable dealing with complex situations
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities/work in a dynamic environment while building relationships
- Strong communication skills; excited to interact with a broad group of internal and external parties
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Previous experience in transactional legal assistance preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-5 years of minimum experience at a well-known law firm or in-house legal department.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Travel Requirements: Occasional trip to New York may be required.
Expected Hours of Work: Flexible, but generally Monday – Friday / 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM CT. [[Must be responsive to e-mails after hours. Evening and weekend work may be required.]]
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by the employee.
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.