Paralegal, Litigation at Workrise (Remote)
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Litigation Paralegal who will be responsible for supporting the legal team and working with stakeholders across the organization to protect the company’s interests. You will assist with all stages of litigation, arbitration, and mediation. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is motivated, autonomous, organized, and assertive.
Why Join us? Our fifteen-person team at Workrise supports a company with over 700 corporate employees and thousands of skilled tradespeople who work in the field. Supporting those skilled tradespeople by ensuring that Workrise resolves disputes with its clients and that its interests are protected is a matter of passion and pride for our team. As a team, we advise and counsel business stakeholders and participate in matters ranging from equity raises to incoming litigation.What you’ll be doing:
- Drafting correspondence and routine legal documents for review and use by attorneys such as discovery and subpoena responses, deposition notices, and affidavits
- Working with stakeholders across the business to gather and organize relevant information from a variety of sources
- Filing documents with courts and arbitral institutions
- Docketing and calendaring court and internal deadlines
- Organizing and maintaining case files, pleadings, briefs, exhibits, and documents
- Creating notebooks and exhibits for trials, mediations and depositions
- Preparing for, attending, and organizing exhibits during depositions
- Coordinating vendors in conjunction with a project, such as court reporters, process servers, and copy vendors.
- Managing the administration of trials and hearings including running trial software programs, taking notes, handling exhibits, and organizing documents
- Reviewing and analyzing case documents for production, including privilege review and preparation of privilege logs
- Conducting first-level document review, and coordinating document productions
- Document management, including gathering, indexing, analyzing and producing documents and data in various electronic and hard-copy formats
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Resourceful research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Proficient in Office Suite and G-Suite
- 6+ years of experience as a litigation paralegal
- Experience assisting attorneys at trial and in arbitration
- Experience editing and citation checking legal documents
- Paralegal associates degree or other relevant certification
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- High rewards commensurate with high performance
- Flexible paid time off and generous benefits including 401k with company matching
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!