Paralegal at Hyliion
The Paralegal will assist attorney(s) by providing clerical and research support services including document preparation and review; interviewing clients and witnesses; research, investigations, and fact checking; and trial preparation. Reports to VP, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer with legal and compliance department initiatives, including corporate governance and compliance matters as well as other departmental initiatives. departmental
- Drafts legal documents including corporate resolutions and board minutes, routine non-disclosure and vendor agreements and other legal correspondence.
- Leads contract management project to track legal requirements in company agreements; manages the contract management system.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of compliance programs throughout the company.
- Researches and analyzes laws, statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves company files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Develops and maintains records regarding legal invoices for department matters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, contract management processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required; Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- Some related contract management and compliance experience preferred.
- Public company experience, including ’33 and ’34 Act securities experience, desired.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Hyliion does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office
FLSA: Exempt (Salaried)
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.