Policy, Compliance and Ops Manager at LegalZoom
We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped millions of customers with the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we’re committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
At LegalZoom, we simply do not believe that it should cost thousands of dollars to create a will, form a business, or apply for a trademark. So we started a movement to make legal help available to all. We’re looking for an experienced, all-star Policy, Compliance and Ops Manager for our People Operations team. People are the driving force of success at LegalZoom, and we’re building the team driving our growth and shaping our culture. If you’re analytical and passionate about compliance, operations and process improvement and enjoy driving education and best practices with an eye towards growth and success, we want to talk to you.
- Analyze internal business systems processes to ensure compliance with HR regulations and ethical standards.
- Create, modify, update and communicate the company’s policies and employee handbook.
- Manage processes to ensure we are compliant with all state (in which we operate) and federal regulations (Examples include (but are not limited to): Workers Comp, Employee Classifications, Onboarding, Offboarding, Record Management)
- Partner to support internal audits, identify risks, and partner to develop risk management strategies.
- Design and implement HR processes and controls to address risks.
- Design and launch ongoing training programs for leadership and employees of the business to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with HRBPs and departmental heads to ensure that all business operations are in line with HR business practices and policies.
- Advise the top management on business operations relating to investment, risks, and any other policy development.
- Partner with the Internal Audit and Employment Counsel functions on an ongoing basis to review our practices and policies.
- Other HR operational projects and duties as assigned.
- 3-5+ years of experience in human resource compliance, multi-state experience preferred
- (S)PHR, SHRM or equivalent certification
- Experience in the technology industry strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of industry processes and existing business regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership/influencing skills to act as a strong partner to the business
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Exceptional analytical skills and business acumen, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings
- Ability to solve problems as they arise and provide best practices when necessary
- Comfortable "rolling up sleeves” while participating in complex compliance issues
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, legal studies, business administration, project management, or a similar field of study. Additional certifications in the field of compliance and administration are a bonus
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.