Are you an attorney who is excited to work on privacy issues in a diverse array of M&A transactions and post-closing integrations, be on the cutting edge of Atlassian's product strategy, and be part of our rapidly growing company? If so, read on!
This is an incredible opportunity for someone to serve as our Privacy team's Lead for Atlassian's M&A activities, from due diligence, merger agreement drafting, and post-closing integration.
More about the role:
- Lead privacy due diligence
- Own all privacy aspects of post-closing integration, with the goal of accelerating go-to-market efforts for newly acquired products and technology, and reducing drag on newly onboarded teams
- Help evolve Atlassian's privacy integration strategy, and influence change within the company.
- Team with other stakeholders company-wide to plan, coordinate, and lead privacy and legal compliance, with an emphasis on innovation and scalability.
- Engage with cross functional teams to build and adapt Atlassian's cloud products, so they are loved by our wide range of customers.
- Effectively communicate privacy and data use requirements to stakeholders to drive product and operational change.
- Translate product capabilities and compliance programs into contractual commitments.
- Negotiate privacy and data use issues in customer and vendor contracts, and help build out playbooks for our commercial legal teams.
- Champion customer and sales team trust through clear communication and advocacy.
- Work with procurement and legal contract management teams to address transition of supplier agreements from a privacy perspective
- Participate in the response to potential privacy or data security incidents, including investigations, notifications, and other resolution efforts.
- Take ownership, roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- You're highly effective in cross-functional work and can navigate a complex organization, and work with ambiguity.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with business partners to help them understand the impact of laws and regulatory frameworks.
- Quickly adapt Atlassian's product strategy and business objectives, and apply them to legal strategies in a way that is pragmatic, flexible, and creative.
- Think about issues from an engineer's and customer's perspective to generate possible solutions.
- Continually improve processes and drive operational excellence within an environment that is fast-paced, complex, and fluid.
- Effectively resolve decisions within tight timelines, with attention to detail.
- Present clear, thoughtful, and forthcoming strategies in discussions about risk.
- Take initiative to master new subject areas, whether new laws, new technologies, or business strategies.
- JD and admission to one state bar
- 3+ years experience practicing law
- Experience counseling a software company on key global privacy frameworks and M&A transactions
- Passion for working with technical teams to develop customer-centric solutions
To be successful in this role:
On the first day you'll be expected to have:
More about our privacy team:
We are an open, collaborative, and communicative team that tackles diverse legal issues. We weigh risk to generate practical business solutions to enable Atlassian to scale.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.