Privacy Program Assistant at LegalZoom
Are you detail-oriented, capable of dealing with multiple competing demands, comfortable with a broad range of technology, and interested in learning about emerging issues in privacy? If so, LegalZoom’s privacy program assistant may be the position for you.
This newly created position will support LegalZoom’s privacy team, with a focus on managing LegalZoom’s responses to consumers seeking to learn more about the data that LegalZoom keeps about them or to delete that data. In this role you will help shape LegalZoom’s evolving processes for responding to consumer requests as well as handling the day-to-day administration of processing these requests. You’ll be expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively across internal functions and businesses.
What you will do:
- Manage all administrative tasks related to incoming requests from consumers for the deletion of records or copy of their records.
- Review verification provided by consumers to ensure that verification guidelines are met.
- Work directly on LegalZoom’s platforms and also in coordination with the Technology department to ensure that records are either extracted or that a deletion protocol is run based on verified consumer requests.
- Review records collected in response to verified consumer requests to ensure any required redactions are in place.
- Ensure that consumers submitting data requests receive all legally required responses.
- Coordinate with business process owners to ensure that applicable consumer requests are communicated to vendors and business partners.
- Maintain records to document regulatory compliance.
- Contribute to other goals and duties within the Legal department as needed.
- College degree and/or prior experience working with LegalZoom systems.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information.
- Proven ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, organize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in some combination of customer service, Salesforce, Filenet, SaaS platforms, basic database management.
- Interest in privacy and privacy adjacent topics such as information security and the law.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate nuanced concepts confidently and effectively with all levels of the LegalZoom team.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.