Procurement and Contracts Specialist
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for executing high-quality agreements in a timely manner, balancing the needs of all parties while maintaining internal and external relationships & controls. Must have a solid and thorough understanding of sourcing, contracting and negotiation principles, concepts, and practices/standards as well as a proven track record of successfully applying such knowledge and practices in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate thrives when given autonomy and flexibility to work both independently and within a team.
- General procurement knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated ability communicating detailed information, at the professional level with attention to grammar, spelling and punctuation, to a diverse audience.
- Skill in planning and organizing your work.
- Ability to meet numerous deadlines with frequent interruptions in the daily work schedule.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and initiates the sourcing process by working with internal teams and obtaining competitive bids from suppliers
- Assists in managing procurement and contract lifecycle and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Project task reporting to internal management
- Review and verify data ensuring correct representation of actual contract details, including costs and requirements.
- Maintain relationships and real time communications with suppliers, and internal customers regarding project status and manage expectations around such.
- Regular and ad hoc analysis and reporting of data.
- Monitor supplier performance and communicate issues, as well as work with internal customers in various parts of the organization and external customers to ensure that contract needs are met, and issues are resolved.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong aptitude for business document writing, interpretation and negotiation.
- Ability to analyze information and effectively present concepts in written, spreadsheet, and presentation format.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work both in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus.
- Familiarity with Zycus as a procurement tool is preferred but not required.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Legal-related field of study or experience is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (indirect procurement, contract management, sourcing) or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Must possess an in-depth understanding of procurement requirements with extensive knowledge in indirect procurement, specifically focusing on global marketing and travel activities.
- Ability to perform pricing strategy, negotiation, contract administration, and financial analysis; and convert these activities into actionable reports and presentations
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.