Senior Counsel, Healthcare Regulatory and Data Privacy
Who You Are
- Juris Doctor required; licensed by a state bar, Texas preferred
- At least eight years of relevant experience with a law firm, or in a pharmacy benefit manager, pharmacy or pharmaceutical company’s legal department (a combination of private practice and in-house experience preferred)
- Strong background knowledge of healthcare industry regulation, including privacy, security and fraud and abuse laws
- Experience with regulatory issue spotting, research, analysis, and risk mitigation in a highly regulated healthcare environment
- Experience advising clients with respect to data privacy or FDA and promotional matters preferred
- You are a business-focused, intellectually curious legal adviser who thrives when dealing with ambiguity; have a track record of ownership and delivering results; and demonstrates excellent judgment, creativity, technical expertise, initiative, and strong relationship management and communication skills
What You'll Do
- You will serve as a strategic business partner across the organization by providing legal support to Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Business Operations, Business Development and Corporate Development and other teams. Your focus will be on healthcare regulatory and data privacy matters
- You will draft, review, negotiate and structure broad range of complex commercial agreements, including customer, supply and partnership agreements
- You will review marketing and sales materials and evaluate promotional claims, with the assistance of outside counsel as necessary
- We try to accelerate business growth through acquisitions. You will lead legal due diligence and integration of these transactions.
- You will consult with and oversee outside law firms as needed
- You will prepare and present risk management materials to senior executives.
- You will ensure team members comply with corporate policies and procedures, risk management strategy and US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Our goal is to develop and continuously improve RetailMeNot’s healthcare regulatory, data privacy and healthcare promotion knowledge management resources and processes. You'll collaborate with team members to empower us to achieve this goal.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where all employees are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We work collaboratively with people outside of the reporting relationship to achieve results through cross-organizational teams
- We value different perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have lots of talented people to work with and learn from
- We will provide you with food, food, and more food, as well as free 24/7 downtown parking