Unity is a software company that is on the forefront of 3d technology. In this role, you will have an opportunity to shape data compliance with engineers creating these technical advances and leave your mark on the next big thing. Working with product and IP attorneys you will provide expertise in data ethics and privacy by design. You will get to opine on the latest issues in privacy law, like how do we address potential bias in machine learning when training self-driving cars. You will work to systematically reduce risk to consumers’ privacy by assuring adherence to our policies, procedures and principles. If you are a lawyer who likes to hang out with and advise engineers, this is a perfect fit for you. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable in AR/VR and machine learning technologies.
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Assuring consumer protection features are built into products and properly documented for compliance audits
- Reviewing policies and procedures, recommending changes when appropriate
- Working with corporate attorneys to advise on data protection language in contracts
- Working with security to assure adherence to security policies and standards for product releases
- Working to review potential acquisition targets and assisting with privacy aspects of integrating acquired companies
- CIPP Certification/Qualification to Practice Law, including bar admission
- Deep experience in data privacy and data security
- Experience creating and implementing policies and procedures to systematically manage risks to consumer privacy
- Team player attitude and a sense of humor
- Experience advising on AR/VR technology and Machine Learning
- Solutions oriented
- Computer Science or Data Science background
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.