Senior Legal Affairs Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Legal Affairs Manager to grow Procore’s in-house counsel and legal operations team. In this critical departmental role, you’ll assist the Legal Department in the management, negotiation, and execution of a broad range of strategic initiatives and the organization’s day-to-day operational needs. Successful candidates are diligent, detail-oriented, and enjoy managing complex projects with precision. You know how to be flexible, keep yourself and others motivated, and collaborate across all corporate functions.
This position can be based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, California, Austin, Texas, or New York, New York offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
Contract Review and Management
- With attorney support, you’ll draft, review, revise and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements including vendor, procurement, independent contractor, marketing, business development, master services, content license, software license, confidentiality and other operational and commercial agreements and documents
- Review and analyze files, materials, and documents to summarize and report on the information requested by members of the Legal Department
- Develop and maintain organized electronic transaction files for ongoing and completed contract negotiations. Track contract renewals, expirations, and other post-execution deliverables
- Support the Sales organization’s contractual needs and further developing the manner in which the Legal Department supports that organization
Knowledge Management, Legal Operations, and Functional Initiatives
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance \of department forms, guidelines, processes, and metrics to measure departmental performance
- Implementation and maintenance of a new contract management system, developing a records management program and supporting the department in its compliance initiatives
- Provide support in the management of budget, including compiling data for projects, budget revisions, reviewing, processing, reconciling and tracking legal invoices
- Conduct periodic employee training on legal topics
- Manage and maintain business licenses, filings, subscriptions, and memberships
Intellectual Property, Litigation and Dispute Management
- Manage the company’s soft Intellectual Property portfolio
- Assist with the clearance, acquisition, prosecution, and enforcement of trademarks, copyrights and domain names, and support in-house team in managing and enhancing the company’s patent portfolio
- Draft cease and desist letters and assist in the preparation of responses to subpoenas and other dispute-related correspondence, as necessary
- Assist in the gathering and organization of document production for litigation matters and maintain department calendar
- Assist in the maintenance of the company’s corporate insurance program, including preparing applications, coordinating among appropriate internal/external stakeholders, obtaining and distributing certificates of insurance, and supporting renewals
- Prepare presentations and drafting and revising letters, agreements, documents and other materials requested by members of the Legal Department
- Provide additional organizational, administrative and project support to the other members of the Legal Department, and other parts of the organization as needed
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 9-12 years of relevant experience at a leading law firm and in-house legal department (ideally at a SaaS or other technology company).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills via Slack, Zoom, Gmail, etc.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Detail-oriented, organized, proactive, efficient and resourceful with exceptional follow-through skills
- Sound judgment with the ability to balance legal risk and business impact in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, shift focus, prioritize, maintain patience and sense of self in high-pressure situations, and take initiative where appropriate
- Demonstrate the Procore Core Values of Ownership, Optimism, and Openness in the workplace
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.