Sr. Counsel, Product + Commercial at Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies provides a growing number of services to our customers as an end-to-end solution for game development and operations, player engagement, and monetization.
Unity is looking for a hardworking Sr. Counsel with experience advising on product development, go-to-market, and privacy-related matters for cloud, analytics, SaaS, and game operations-related products. This role will support the rapid growth and evolution of Unity’s business unit that helps app developers “Operate” their business, including Unity Gaming Services and Multiplayer Services. Come work on the intersection of our ground-breaking Unity game engine, data products, and our innovative monetization ecosystem. Collaborate with global teams across Unity to advise on various legal issues and help build, implement and maintain processes and tools that support our commercial operations. This is a rare opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with our team, where your work will have a direct impact on our business. If you are the can-do and collaborative teammate with a passion for solving problems and driving cross-functional projects over the finish line, this would be an outstanding fit for you!
What you'll be doing
- Advise cross-functional teams on a full range of issues related to compliance, product development, go-to-market, intellectual property, and customer support.
- Lead drafting, negotiating, and advising on technology transactions (both inbound and outbound) agreements; help lead (and constantly improve) the cross-functional contracting process overall.
- Tap into your expertise by crafting, maintaining, and conducting effective legal training and meaningful written documentation and guidelines for the business.
- Act as a utility player and work across a variety of projects and teams.
What we're looking for
- Strong academic credentials and an active membership in a state bar.
- Shown experience in a law firm, government agencies, and/or in-house legal department working on tech transactions, preferably with cloud-based technology companies (either in-house or as outside counsel).
- You love (or would love to learn more about) privacy and supporting privacy from a product and deal perspective.
- You have a knack for thinking through the details while seeing the big picture; in other words, you see your job as working with the business to balance risk vs reward appropriately in support of business initiatives and objectives.
- You view a fast-paced environment, and a little bit of uncertainty as a greenfield opportunity to have an impact.
You might also have
- The confidence and ability to collaborate with senior executives, clients, and co-workers in a professional and positive manner.
- You see leading cross-functional projects and partnering with cross-functional teams as a huge benefit of working in-house.
- A self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves demeanor, strong attention to detail, solution-orientation, and “keep it human” approach to communicating.
- Technical background a plus.
- CIPP/US or CIPP/EU a plus.
- Cloud, SaaS, or AdTech background a big plus!
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.