LegalZoom.com is looking for a self-starting and motivated attorney with 1-3 years of relevant experience to be a part of LegalZoom's fast-paced corporate legal department in Austin, TX. This position will support business teams in completing a wide variety of commercial transactions. The ideal candidate will have law firm and/or in-house experience drafting and negotiating contracts, particularly in the areas of technology procurement and business development, but such experience is not required.
- Review and revise a wide variety of commercial contracts involving digital marketing, business development, SaaS, service providers, licensing and intellectual property, hardware and software procurement, and employment.
- Supervise the management, maintenance, and improvement of the company's contract management system.
- Provide ongoing legal counsel to all levels of internal business owners on strategic product initiatives.
- Develop and implement various corporate legal compliance initiatives and training programs.
- Contribute to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
- JD licensed to practice law in Texas.
- 1 year of relevant transactional experience practicing with a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding standard contract terms.
- High degree of organization and proactivity with minimal supervision.
- 3 years of relevant work experience (some in-house experience is preferred.)
- Experience with online commerce and marketing.
- Background in negotiating, preferably technology agreements.
- Exceptional attention to detail; drive to perfect; and improve the status quo.
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintenance of a good attitude and drive for more professional experience while maintaining excellent work product with a high volume workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate complex legal concepts confidently and effectively with all levels of the LegalZoom team.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.