We are looking for a Manager of Cloudflare’s Trust and Safety Legal Support team. In this role, you will manage a team of investigators who triage sensitive and escalated law enforcement requests, legal requests, court orders and subpoenas, sanctions reviews, and Trust and Safety issues that affect our customers.
- Help build a world class globally-distributed team.
- Build processes and policies to permit efficient and compliant handling of legal requests.
- Provide leadership, guidance and career development to a team of Legal Operations investigators.
- Be responsible for managing operations seamlessly and timely Service-Level Agreement (SLA) delivery along with maintaining high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Influence product teams to build and improve tools to drive improvements and increase efficiencies.
- Partner with the Policy, Legal, and the Product teams to ensure our policies and guidelines can be enforced in a scalable fashion.
- Deal with sensitive content and emotionally charged escalations with tact and a calm demeanor.
- 8+ years experience in a Trust & Safety or customer support role at an Internet service provider or hosting provider processing abuse reports and time sensitive escalations.
- 4+ years experience managing a team effectively with a strong desire to help others learn and grow.
- Experience working with law enforcement and legal requests for customer information.
- Experience in assessing, analyzing and resolving issues, and distilling into communication.
- Experience with analytics and experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights.
- Strong communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences.
- You understand DNS and how the Internet works.
- Experience with the legal considerations related to hosted material (notice & takedown).
- Familiarity with DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), copyright, and trademark issues.
- Experience in sanctions review and compliance.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.