Manager, Enterprise Sales Development
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2017 is looking for a Manager, Enterprise Sales Development in our Austin Office who will lead our team of outbound Sales Development Representatives in the achievement of sales objectives, ultimately increasing conversion, and enabling exponential revenue growth.
As our Manager, Enterprise Sales Development, you’ll leverage your significant sales management and lead development expertise to help define and drive our lead development strategy and process. We're looking for an individual with strong leadership attributes, domain expertise in sales / lead development and a passion for SaaS technology and eCommerce.
What you'll do
- Define, plan and execute a holistic strategy for sales / lead development efforts to increase lead quality and volume aligning with revenue objectives
- Recruit, build, and manage the lead development team
- Lead, inspire, and mentor sales development representatives to maximize their individual potential and professional growth as well as ability to function effectively as a team
- Own the sales development operation including process improvements and tool development to increase efficiency, reduce complexity, and control costs
- Build a culture of accountability and urgency by transparently leveraging metrics and reporting to drive the right behaviors
- Develop a strong understanding of our product messaging, technology platform, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts including strategically working with business partners to plan future capacity requirements
- Identify topics and partner with sales trainer to plan training sessions
- Partner with the Enterprise Solutions team to provide new prospective customers a seamless handoff in the lead development process
Who you are
- 5+ years sales experience, including 2+ years sales leadership experience managing, mentoring, developing sales development teams with 6 or more members
- 3+ years experience defining and implementing market and lead development strategies
- Personal experience and success as a sales development representative, and possessing a mastery of sales development / prospecting strategies, tactics, tools and processes
- Proven experience scaling a team and implementing processes
- Online or Technology industry experience required, eCommerce a plus
- Successful track record achieving and exceeding team quotas
- Strong knowledge of SFDC
- Leader - You are a proven leader with a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort and perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve.
- Personable - You are seen as outgoing, relationship focused, positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Business Savvy - You possess a deep understanding of software and the ecommerce space, have a high degree of business and sales acumen, and are extremely analytical with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future customers.
- Communicator - An excellent written/verbal and interpersonal communicator who builds cross functional bridges and success.
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality and demonstrated success working cross-functionally with partners in Product Development, Channel, Marketing, other sales channels.
- Adaptable - You are flexible and efficient, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, and adjust quickly to the changing need of the business
- Composed - You have the ability to balance Getting Sh*t Done with humility and sense of humor and know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events