Account Director, Media & Engagement at Real Chemistry
It's not every day we have a chance to make the world a healthier place—but here, it’s our way of life. Idealistic? Maybe. Deeply pragmatic? Always. Real Chemistry is a global health innovation company that has carved out its space at the intersection between healthcare, marketing and communications, tech, and the people at the heart of it all. It’s with a great sense of purpose that we work together with brave health and wellness companies to create and inspire healthier, happier, and longer lives. It’s our passion. And if you’re still reading, we’re guessing it might be yours too. We are looking to add to our alchemic mix of more than 2,000 talented professionals. At Real Chemistry, we don’t just wish the world was healthier. We leverage tech, data and creativity to make it so. You in?
The Director role on the Media & Engagement team is a client leader and people manager within Real Chemistry's Integrated Communications team focused on integrated services across the PESO spectrum. This role includes the following responsibilities, and the candidate would exhibit the skill sets noted below.
- May serve as day-to-day client contact for all media-related needs on select accounts and as a strong #2 on others; driving and manage integrated media strategy, execution and related internal and external media expectations
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with agenda-setting traditional media as well as relevant influential trade reporters
- Support organic and new business development via analytics-driven media research, comprehensive and integrated media strategy development, and cohesive PESO pull-through
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Partner with account teams and cross-functional leaders (social, paid, search, and analytics) to address client/team concerns quickly and productively
- Strong understanding of earned media toolbox and how to utilize analytics to inform recommendations
- Motivate and coach teams through engaging management and career development practices; manage junior media team members
- Set clear performance objectives and utilize all management tools to communicate alignment and performance measures
- Serve as connector to cross functional specialties and proactively seeks out opportunities to integrate business opportunities to fuel PESO and analytics offerings
- Maintain media budgets and scopes, and assist in well-informed SOWs
- Actively partners with other Real Chemistry specialists to create integrated recommendations
- Embodies and incorporates Real Chemistry Core Values
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on, progressive industry experience, working in the biotech and pharma spaces
- Working knowledge across various therapeutic areas
- Deep understanding of how PESO plays out in today’s modern media world
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Highly effective organizational, communication and writing skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments with ease and flexibility
- Robust relationships across range of media types (traditional, new media channels, etc.)
- Effective and confident presenter to internal and external audiences
- Experience with medical meeting support, orchestrating regulatory milestones, thought leadership and sponsored content experience a must
- Strong experience in varied therapeutic areas
- Seasoned at leading media strategy and demonstrates clear understanding of agency capabilities to sell integrated programming to internal teams and clients
Real Chemistry is currently operating with a flexible, hybrid approach and giving our teams the ability to operate in the way that works best for them – at home, in office or a mix. * We trust our people to decide what works best for them, working together with their teams and leaders to support our customers and make the world a healthier place. This policy will continue to be evaluated and may change in the future as we seek to ensure our people stay inspired, engaged, and motivated to do their best work.
*All employees who work in a Real Chemistry office, travel for business, or attend a Real Chemistry sponsored event must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees who qualify for a religious or medical exemption to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine are advised to work with our People team for accommodation.
Real Chemistry offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including Your 4th Trimester ® , a program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: https://www.realchemistry.com/
Real Chemistry is committed to being an Equal Opportunity employer. As such, we seek motivated and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, ethnic or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Real Chemistry operates. We strive to employ, motivate, advance and reasonably accommodate any qualified employees and applicants. We believe diversity of persons and ideas forms the most comprehensive, forward-looking company.