Americas Field Marketing & Events Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The America’s Field Marketing and Events Manager will be an innovative leader who will define and execute a wide variety of events, designed to drive pipeline generation and won-business. This includes sponsored trade shows, Cloudflare hosted roadshows, lunch and learns, and CXO dinners. You will have the opportunity to lead a very talented team and to continue to build and grow the team throughout the year. This is a key leadership role on the Cloudflare’s fast-growing marketing team.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Create the America's field marketing and events strategy, manage budgets, and drive our pipeline and revenue goals in each sub-region.
- Manage and grow a high performing team and effectively hire, recruit, and develop top-talent.
- Build a team of field and event marketers who can drive innovative and impactful programs to achieve our goals.
- Partner with the sales leaders to drive a highly productive and tightly aligned field marketing plan.
- Identify the most successful field marketing campaigns and events and ensure best practices are shared across teams.
- Operationalizes team processes and lead generation, and collaborates with cross-functional team members.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 8-10 years of experience leading events and field marketing functions.
- 5+ years experience managing a high-performing team.
- Experience leading events and field marketing for a SaaS or technology company.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of
- Willingness and ability to travel (~25%).
- Experience managing vendors and negotiating contracts.
- Agency, sponsorship, and budget management experience.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Results oriented with experience using qualitative and quantitative metrics with a focus on revenue, conversion, sales, and other marketing goals.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.