Arts & Cultural Content Marketer
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
As a Content Marketing Manager in Arts & Cultural Solutions at Blackbaud, your mission is to drive engagement with customers and potential customers at cultural organizations. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and knows how to balance "thinking big" with "getting stuff done." If you eat, breathe, sleep content marketing and have a passion for creating a content marketing strategy from the ground up, we’d like to hear from you.
The Content Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for developing and executing the content marketing and engagement strategy. This includes developing persona insights, defining the buyer’s journey and developing the right content strategy to engage those buyers.
- Obtain a deep understanding of buyers at arts & cultural organizations, including operational challenges, content consumption behaviors, and information requirements.
- Develop a keen understanding of the competition, industry influencers and decision makers.
- Identify topics of interest to the audience and its lexicon in order to feed downstream content creation and inform search engine marketing tactics and inbound marketing strategies.
Buyer’s Journey Maps & Calendar
Develop persona journey maps
Manage buyer’s journeys for each persona
Advise internal stakeholders (demand gen, marketing services, events, brand, customer success etc) on key buyer insights to inform campaigns, event presence, PR, and media placements.
Develop content strategy
Build relationships with external decision makers, partners, and thought leaders to expand Blackbaud’s brand
Engage with industry thought leaders to develop co-marketing relationships, expand Blackbaud’s thought leadership presence, and develop new and creative opportunities for collaboration
Design and deliver content and thought leadership assets, in collaboration with demand gen, marketing services and PR, for all lead generation initiatives across multiple vehicles: SEM, content marketing, tradeshows, seminars, webinars, calling campaigns, marketing automation programs, events, associations, and influencer groups
Supply Web team with key buyer lexicon and collaborate on search engine keywords and portfolio categorization to ensure that site visitors receive appropriate content
Monitor and assess how content is adapted by regional and field marketing to fit local market requirements, which should inform ongoing content strategy
Asset Coverage (Personas, Needs, Journey Stage)
Asset Utilization (Views, Downloads)
Asset Consumption by Persona
Demand Funnel Conversion Rates
Experience and Skills
- • 3-5 years of Content Marketing experience
- • BS/BA required
- • Strong problem solving, analytical and mental acuity
- • Exceptional ability to write and create product content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences; writing samples required
- • Proven influencing skills with leadership, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- • Self-starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- • Strong affinity for sales team success, prior sales experience a plus
- • Proven marketplace relationship-building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- • Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
- • Experience with salesforce, Marketo, expert-level proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- • Experience working for or volunteering with a nonprofit, especially cultural organizations
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.