Associate Director, Marketing
About Vista Consulting Group Vista Consulting Group is the operating and consulting arm of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a private equity firm that specializes in acquiring software, data, and tech-enabled companies with over $43 Billion in cumulative capital commitments. The VCG team works in conjunction with the Vista investment professionals and key portfolio company employees to help current and newly-acquired businesses strengthen their operations through the implementation of standardized, repeatable and proven processes and methodologies. Explore our current (and past) companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
The Vista family of companies represents, collectively, the fourth-largest software company in the world. We also have a relentless focus on talent – within Vista and across our companies – meaning you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with thoughtful, curious, and talented executives. In 2018, several of our CEOs were named among the top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://thesaasreport.com/the-saas-reports-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2018/
Your position within VCG would provide you with an opportunity to strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled opportunity for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make good businesses great? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What's different about Vista?
- Vista Equity Partners invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry's largest dedicated consulting arm (Vista Consulting Group). Today, VCG has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees, whose sole focus is driving success – helping leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually advance their careers
- Vista actively invests in building high performing, diverse teams within Vista Consulting Group as well as within our portfolio companies
- Because Vista only invests in software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our best practices and tools across the portfolio, while also supporting talent growth across the Vista family ecosystem
Austin or Chicago preferred. Will also consider remote candidates.
We are searching for an Associate Director of Marketing with a strong background in Demand Generation and Marketing Operations. The ideal candidate will work in partnership with Vista company Chief Marketing Officers and their Demand Generation organizations to improve marketing contribution and overall company bookings growth.
The Associate Director of Marketing will work closely with Vista Consulting Group peers (within and beyond the Go-to-Market practice, and in partnership with Vista Equity Partners executives) to identify Demand Generation strategies and to implement associated Vista Best Practices in partnership with Vista company leaders.
The candidate's experience and expertise will also drive the development of new Vista Best Practices that can scale across Vista. Given its scope and reach, this role offers unlimited potential to produce a lasting impact on all Vista companies plus professional development with a growing marketing community.
- Partner across the Vista Consulting Group community (including Demand Gen and Marketing Operations, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, Sales Enablement and Go-to-Market leadership) to build repeatable marketing business processes that enhance marketing's contribution and bookings growth across Vista companies
- Engage with Vista companies to diagnose opportunities for Demand Generation and Marketing Operations improvement, guide implementation plans, serve as thought leader / advisor, and ensure results are delivered and plans executed
- Partner cross-functionally within Vista Sales, Go-to-Market, and Business Applications teams to create a strong technical and business process foundation for Vista company success
- Contribute to the development and sharing of Marketing Vista Best Practices with portfolio company Chief Marketing Officers and their direct reports
- Provide guidance on aptitude of Vista company talent in Demand Generation and Marketing Operations (supporting interviews, org/role design)
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Marketing Consultant / advisory experience – This person has been in a consulting position and is experienced in partnering with senior marketing and sales executives to improve marketing contribution and overall business results
- Demand Generation and Marketing Operations practitioner – Experience managing Demand Generation and Marketing Operations teams, running integrated campaigns with cross functional stakeholders, aligning marketing and sales, and post-sales (e.g., customer success, services) as required
- Key Skills:
- Marketing and Salesforce Automation – Salesforce.com (required), Marketing Automation (Marketo preferred), LDR/Sales Engagement (e.g. SalesLoft, Outreach), and other Marketing/Sales Technology platforms.
- Marketing | Sales Alignment – Ability to lead cross-functional working sessions to align on strategic initiatives
- Lead Management – Experience defining lead management processes, MQL handoffs, and follow-up expectations by sales
- Marketing Forecasting and Reporting – Experience with marketing contribution forecasting and marketing measurement techniques/tools for demand generation campaigns, programs, and tactics
- Lead Development – Understanding of marketing qualification processes and best practices executed by a Lead Development (LDR, BDR, SDR, etc.) function
- Technical aptitude – Strong desire to learn, develop, and share best practices about marketing technology
- Client-facing executive presence – Excellent communication capabilities (written, verbal) to engage an executive audience, facilitate discussion among stakeholders with various viewpoints, and proactively communicate with stakeholders
- Presentation / deliverable development – Record of success developing engaging and interactive presentations that communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Project management – Identifies key stakeholders, develops project plans with major milestones, and drives all parties to complete tasks along a tight timeline
- Stakeholder management – Comfortable navigating executives and individual contributors across multiple functions
- 5-8+ years of expertise within B2B marketing, marketing operations, demand generation
- Proven track record of documented success
- Experience within a software or technology-enabled company
- Experience and success in a consulting role welcome, not required
- MBA or related advanced degree is welcome, not required
- Willingness to travel (expected travel in this role is 50 - 60% of the time, steady-state)