Brand Strategist at Expedia Group
Vrbo is looking for a Brand Strategist to join the Global Brand Strategy team.
Our Global Brand Strategy team is a group of people that are building a lifestyle brand through data-derived brand and marketing communications.
You are someone who is adept at research, analyzing diverse sets of data, and crafting clear, compelling stories based on actionable customer insights. You can use this research to inform innovative strategies across our organization. We are looking for someone who is passionate about human behavior, technology’s impact on our lives, and what that means for the travel vertical. This person will be expected to challenge assumptions, inspire creatives and business leaders, and support the development of impactful brand, business, and marketing strategies in service of real human needs.
Vrbo looks for individuals who have a passion for uncovering insights, an ability to move fast, are generous with (and open to receiving) feedback, and are always looking to make valuable contributions. You will be: tenacious, imaginative, precise, analytically-inclined, and curious.
With a proven ability to: lead research that uncovers insights; build compelling stories; ask and answer difficult and ambiguous questions; work across teams with ease; support product, marketing, and creative teams with data; learn and adapt quickly. This role is based in Vrbo’s Austin HQ and requires physical presence in Austin with limited travel to Vrbo’s London office.
- Become an expert of Vrbo’s products and audiences (traveler and partner).
- Analyze existing data and research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic) and support the team in creating new research, collaborating with internal research teams as well as working with external specialists.
- Analyze cultural, technological and market trends to inform strategic and creative development.
- Capture and bring to life powerful human insights
- Support the development of creative briefs
- Collaborate with and support creative teams before and after the briefing.
- Help the team buildout brand and business strategy presentations
- Identify and understand trends within the creative ecosystem (video, social, etc.).
- 5+ years experience as a brand planner or strategist at a creative agency, research company or client-side brand team.
- Proven cultural sensitivity and knowledge of multiple markets, languages and regions
- Experience in dynamic and matrixed organizations.
- Analytical/data driven – you know how to collect and analyze data to tell stories
- Passion for travel, vacation rentals and Vrbo
- Able to effectively balance creative and business concerns.
- Inveterate relationship builder with a love of teamwork.
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter not harder.
- Maintain a positive energy and humility that encourages those around you.
- Fluency in general business, marketing and creative concepts and workflows with a talent for communicating these to a wide variety of business leaders.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.