Broadcast Media Buyer at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
We are looking for an experienced Offline Media Buyer to help manage national TV buys within our Marketing team. As the Media Buyer, you will strategize, negotiate, and own the offline media campaigns across business lines. You will be partnering closely with our Business Intelligence team to ensure our media buys are delivering the most effective ROI, nimbly optimizing based on performance intel.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Planning, negotiating and executing Linear and Non-Linear TV media buys.
- Monitoring buys and managing ADUs, make-goods, and revisions as necessary.
- Analyzing internal performance data and constantly finding opportunities for optimization across various levels (creative, network mix, daypart mix, etc.), redesigning buys accordingly.
- Managing and reporting on pre/post-logs daily.
- Growing and retaining strong, significant relationships with stations/networks.
- Supporting our Marketing Team in Direct Response, National linear media, and Advanced TV/ Programmatic buy execution and stewardship for multiple brands.
- Utilizing ratings and viewership habit information, as well as historical performance, to build and negotiate effective media schedules.
- Assisting in the management of creative traffic and network clearance.
- Managing individual budgets, the billing, and invoicing process, and establishing new vendors within the internal payment system.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years of experience with TV media-buying at all levels: DR/National, scatter/upfront, cable/broadcast/syndication, Non-Linear, Programmatic.
- Existing relationships with media companies.
- Strong and fast with numbers with an analytical mindset.
- Awareness of the TV marketplace and ability to adeptly navigate it.
- Understanding of marketing and sales funnel KPIs.
- High attention to detail. Strong communicator; verbally and orally.
- Skilled at Excel, Google Sheets, and ideally MediaOcean’s Spectra software program.
- Embrace automation and proactively engage with the BI team to enhance tools used to increase efficiency and accuracy of media buys.
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).