Channel Marketing Director
A Cloud Guru is the world's leading provider of online IT education. We focus on providing high-quality, affordable and engaging on-demand video courses to hundreds of thousands of professionals. We help our students learn new skills, gain valuable industry certifications, and excel in their careers.
It’s an exciting time at A Cloud Guru - we’ve taught over 700,000 students since our inception 3 years ago; received US venture capital funding with a recent $2M raise in May of 2018; and we're now focusing on building out our B2B feature set and product offering.
We're a place for creativity, empowerment, and trust. It’s somewhere that you can do your best work. We were founded by 2 brothers who wanted to disrupt traditional training by providing affordable virtual training to students that may not have had the same opportunity otherwise. Our brand is down-to-earth, empowering, and relatable. A Cloud Guru is built on empathy and creativity.
What we're looking for
As our Channel Marketing Director, you'll be focusing on communicating the values of A Cloud Guru to our varying channels by working closely with stakeholders from multiple organizations. You will know and continue to learn the inner-workings of partner organizations in and know the motivating factors of individuals within our partner companies. We're looking for a collaborative team player and relationship builder with an appreciation for sales, marketing, and channel dynamics
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand the partners’ business objectives, go-to-market approach, and channel and use this insight to build and execute a joint partnership strategy focused on new ACG sales and customer engagements
- Grow and expand the A Cloud Guru brand through a variety of successful partner co-marketing initiatives including enablement, sales incentives, and demand generation
- Lead and influence development of marketing strategies and plans to ensure partner co-marketing investments align with sales goals
- Analyze sales reports and market feedback from internal and external sources to identify key issues, trends, opportunities, and market share growth/decline for use in marketing and sales planning purposes
- Advocate effectively for partners, and their needs, throughout the ACG organization
- Translate activity into accomplishment
- Multitask with ease and pivot quickly between partners
What you'll need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience scaling partner marketing growth in a B2B market
- Bonus points if you’ve worked with AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud providers!
- Ability to motivate, mobilize, and influence cross-functional teams on shared goals and create positive work environment
- Proven ability to write persuasively with strong editing and proofreading skills
- Self-motivated, innovative, results driven and creative team player
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Working with us
Our people matter to us. We know everyone has family and friends and for that reason our employees receive 20 days (4 weeks) of leave each year. We understand that time away from work is important and we know well-rested and well-rounded people make better decisions…and ultimately are more productive when at work!
We pay commensurate with experience and we make sure you’re looked after when it comes to benefits.
Our team is spread across the globe - mainly in the US and Australia. Our Marketing and Brand teams work together in Austin, Texas.
For this position we will need you to join our team in our offices in Austin, Texas. We prefer hands on collaboration so this position is not available for remote workers. Unfortunately we're unable to sponsor people into the US at this time.
We are a fast-growing team with big ambitions. We need people who can help us build a solid foundation for the future. If you want to make a difference in a fast-growing team, now is the time to join.
Read Full Job Description