Chief Marketing Officer
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buyer with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
About the Role
The Chief Marketing Officer/Vice President of Marketing is a critical and high-profile role focused on data-driven revenue marketing, customer acquisition, brand building, and user engagement. The ideal incumbent is expected to be a digital innovator and marketing strategist with extensive experience in demand generation, lead attribution, building brand awareness, and customer loyalty. You will lead the overall strategy and direction for digital advertising, events, public relations, company communications, customer education, content, and social media. You possess a tangible track record of success and demonstrating a strong ROI; you have built out brands, enhanced products, supported sales teams, and generally made a significant difference in the companies you have worked for. You are a great leader and have built high-caliber marketing teams and organizations.
Areas of Ownership
- Hire, ramp, and train marketing team and buildout a world-class marketing organization
- Own the marketing strategy, budget and staffing plan. Present and align strategy with the Executive Team
- Drive significant ROI through data-driven lead generation for Broker, BLA, Lender, Title, and other channels
- Support sales teams through marketing efforts, tooling, and lead scoring
- Build Opcity brand. Present our story and inspire prospects, customers and employees.
- Own corporate identity. Build brand awareness within industry and for recruiting top talent. Drive consistent representation of the Opcity brand across departments through clear messaging and design guidelines
- Drive consistent delivery of messaging across media channels based on company goals. Recommend and prioritize budget allocations for marketing spend.
- Lead Marketing Automation and CRM efforts through the HubSpot platform. Develop lead nurturing campaigns, lead scoring, landing pages, and sequences in partnership with Sales Performance Manager that increase close rates and sales
- Develop SEO, PPC, Facebook, & content strategy. Track success of campaigns against agreed-upon KPIs and continually optimize to improve lead volume and ROI
- Drive Opcity’s presence at key trade shows and industry events, and develop Opcity-sponsored events to engage our community of brokers, lenders and title partners
- Lead all PR efforts and manage engagements with PR agency
- Oversee the company’s social media presence on LinkedIn, Facebook and Glassdoor (in partnership with HR)
- Engage existing agent and broker base through email campaigns, in-app messaging, and in-platform campaigns to increase close rate
- Develop and execute partner campaigns that target Opcity’s large database of consumers
The Ideal Background
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing or relatable field is required; an MBA in marketing is desirable
- At least eight (8) years’ work experience in sales, advertising, marketing, and/or promotions is required – four (4) of those must be in positions of management
- Proven track record in marketing for technology and/or start-up corporations
- Background in marketing to large databases of consumers
- Proficiency in creating marketing materials and email marketing campaigns
- Experience running successful Facebook, PPC, SEO, and other online marketing campaigns
- Know-how in product marketing, driving new initiatives, and collection of feedback from customers that have led to a significant impact and new products
- Experience in planning, operating, and implementing successful trade shows
- Savvy in creating company or product brand and brand image
- Strong manager with experience hiring and scaling successful teams
- Superior communication skills and the ability to work well with people in various departments (including accounting/finance, sales, engineering, etc.) are essential
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Creative and independent thinker who can effectively solve problems and foresee opportunities to benefit the organization through marketing efforts
Please submit a brief and punchy cover letter with your application and why we should consider you to join our team.
Read Full Job Description