The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is also one of the fastest growing technologies ever and has been named the database developers most want to work with according to Stack Overflow’s annual Developer Survey. We are looking for a creative and collaborative partner marketer to make a meaningful impact on deepening relationships within our partner ecosystem, while creating and accelerating pipeline through our partner programs.
At the intersection of business development and marketing, this role will be responsible for regional programs with our cloud partners with a focus on Google Cloud, AWS and Microsoft Azure.About the Role
- Marketing Programs – Develop, execute and measure end-to-end integrated co-marketing partner campaigns in collaboration with global cross-functional teams including Field Marketing, Content Marketing, Product Marketing and Partner teams across both MongoDB and cloud partners
- Collaborate with cloud partners on the creation of joint value propositions and drive the internal and external go-to-market strategy and execution
- Collaborate with cloud partners on the creation of new content from blogs, win wires, digital campaigns, ebooks, etc.
- Sponsorship - Drive the full lifecycle of sponsorship sales process from securing cloud partners, contract fulfillment to onsite execution of all regional MongoDB user conferences, roadshows and virtual conferences
- Partner Relations – Develop relationships across the cloud partner teams to ensure we are positioned to access, leverage and execute marketing programs
- Metrics – Analyze market and company data alongside partner strategies to define opportunities, audiences, objectives, threats, and priorities
- Budget - Own and manage regional partner marketing program budget, including month end reconciliation, partner billing, expense forecasting and contribute to the ROI analysis for each major campaign executed. Responsible for managing partner MDF and credits alongside global marketing teams
- You are driven and a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, pivot and problem-solve
- Excels in a cross-functional environment and proven project management skills
- You know how to be collaborative and persistent
- High level of accountability and sense of urgency
- Attention to detail is essential while maintaining oversight of wider goals and objectives
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- Thinker and doer, “own what you do” mentality
- 5+ years experience in a partner marketing and/or business development at b2b technology companies
- Proven experience navigating and excelling in the cloud partner ecosystems
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills. Must have extensive experience in creating marketing content with a preferred emphasis on partner co-authored content (joint blogs, win wires, proposals, etc.)
- Communicate the value proposition of the company, able to create original content, edit existing content, etc
- Experience with designing and executing multi-touch marketing and nurture campaigns
- Experience producing partner workshops and events and executing conference sponsorship
- Within 3 months, develop comprehensive review of existing partner programs and identify areas for improvement. Execute existing co-marketing programs from events/conferences to customer case studies
- Within 6 months, drive sponsorship sales and execute on at least 10 net-new partner programs that meaningfully drive and influence co-sell pipeline
- Within 12 months, develop and execute a Partner Go-To-Market program that is a competitive differentiator for MongoDB and for our Cloud Partners, and drive mutually valuable programs that drive significant partner-sourced revenue
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.